Sunday 1 April 2012

Durian cheesecake


One day, my friend posted Durian Cheesecake...
OMG!OMG!

Makes my dessert craving arises..
It looks so mouth watering... and i am so so... grrr

So she told me she got the recipe from Kitchen Corner

I tried it.. the taste was so so good..
Just that somehow the texture dun look as good as the one from Kitchen Corner... I guess is becos i added so much... of the durian.. lolz :)

But ... my younger son.... simply love it.. he actually took 2 slices at 1 shot..

My family and friends all said its very nice..

All thanks to Kitchen corner :)

For the base :
200g digestive biscuits
100g butter, melted

For the filling
500g cream cheese
60g caster sugar (reduced by 20g, cos I dun like too sweet)
300g durian flesh (220g is the original)
3 eggs (medium size, total about 160g)
90ml milk
1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp cornstarch

Toppings: 1 tsp cocoa powder + 2tsp water

Method:
1. To make the base, stir all ingredients until combined. Press mixture into base. Set aside.

2.To make the filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and durian flesh until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

3. Beat in milk and cornstarch until blended. Reserve 1 tbsp cheese mixture for topping, the rest mixture pour into tin.

4.To make the topping, mix well cocoa powder with water. Add in 1 tbsp of reserved cheese mixture, stir until well blended. Pipe on top of the surface of cheese mixture and draw net pattern with skewer.

5.Steam baked at 170C for 45 minutes (my oven 150C for 50 minutes) or until light brown.

6. Remove from the heat and leave to cool completely. Chill in fridge 5 hours or overnight.


Before
After

No comments:

Post a Comment